Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Friday, June 21, 2013

Arms Trade Treaty…… Be Afraid… Be Very Afraid

Written on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 by Jack Sloan
The UN Arms Trade Treaty, in spite of what you might have heard, is not about gun registration. It states that it, “seeks to promote the establishment and maintenance of international peace and security.” It is not about peace and security. Study this treaty and you will see it is perfectly setup for outlawing gun ownership. I know the overwhelming sentiment is that it will not pass the Senate. However, this is way too important, just to trust that it is not going to pass.
John Kerry has stated; The Arms Treaty will not “interfere with national sovereignty, or infringe on the rights of American citizens, including our Second Amendment rights to bear arms,” and he affirmed that he would sign it. …. According to Article 14 “Enforcement” they can only use “appropriate measures to enforce,” I’m sorry what did we decide appropriate measures were again? ..... The problem is that this and every other quote they have used to validate their position, in fact is not in the treaty. They have all been quotes from the preamble and are not binding. The preamble is nothing more than the desired “PR”; this is what they want the public to perceive as intent. The preamble ends with the words, “Have agreed as follows” thereafter, is the binding part of the treaty.  Article 16 “International Assistance” Any Party of the treaty can seek assistance. “Such assistance may include stockpile management, disarmament, demobilization and reintegration programmes.”......That’s just scary….To Read More….
Editor's Note:  As I read this I thought it might be a good idea to publish the articles of this treaty and so I went in search of it. I didn't find it, so if someone out there can send me a link to the text of this treaty please send it to me elkoz@juno.com.    However, as I went through this listings there was one thing I noticed.  No matter how many Google pages I went through this one ad always appeared at the top.

Obama To Support A Strong Arms Trade Treaty.‎
Then I wondered; just how many pages this would appear in that posiiton. All 39! It's my understanding that you have to pay big money to appear at the top of the listings. How much does it cost to appear at the top of every page of listings? Does that strike anyone besides me as interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment