Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Truth about slavery schools aren't teaching

True origins of institution had little to do with racism

Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled “Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative.” Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, “The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.”….During a reception, one of the Marxist professors asked me what I thought about the relationship between capitalism and slavery. My response was that slavery has existed everywhere in the world, under every political and economic system, and was by no means unique to capitalism or the United States. Perturbed by my response, he asked me what my feelings were about the enslavement of my ancestors. I answered that slavery is a despicable violation of human rights but that the enslavement of my ancestors is history, and one of the immutable facts of history is that nothing can be done to change it. ....American blacks have benefited enormously from the horrible suffering of our ancestors. Why?....... the standard of living and personal liberty of black Americans are better than what blacks living anywhere in Africa....... To Read More….

No comments:

Post a Comment